Sterilization , Cleanliness and Disposable Materials
At the beginning of the day the floors are thoroughly scrubbed with scented Phenol which leaves the place clean and smelling fresh. All carpeted/non carpeted areas are meticulously cleaned with a high power vacuum cleaner to get all the dust mites out and prevent air borne infections if any. The chairs and all moving/rotating parts are sprayed with antiseptic solution and wiped clean with a soft cloth. After every patient the same procedure is followed for the chairs to prevent cross infection.
All instruments are thoroughly washed in antiseptic solutions and wiped clean. They are the packaged into sterile pouches and vacuum sealed to prevent contamination. The instruments are then placed into a digital autoclave and autoclaved at 121 degrees. At this temperature all known disease causing bacteria are known to be killed. This is the standard autoclaving procedure followed in Operation Theatres worldwide.
We use a fresh, new pair of gloves for every patient that is disposed off immediately after the treatment is completed. All gloves are torn as well so there is no question of whether any of them were ever used before. This is all done in front of every patient . In addition we use disposable masks, suction tips and plastic glasses. All local anesthetic is given from sealed syringes that are opened in front of you and disposed off immediately after treatment. Dentists and patients mandatorily wear "Blue Blockers" ( glasses ) during tooth whitening procedures to prevent any harm to the eyes. We also use bottled water for rinsing your mouth during procedures.
We follow the following safety precautions during treatment procedures to ensure that our patients are protected.
- The patients are provided with lead jacket to avoid radiation during x-ray procedures
- We do not do Silver Amalgam fillings as they contain mercury.
- We do not use Nickel in the metal frame work of PFM (porcelain fused to metal) crowns.
- We do not use Acid Etchant in the composite resin fillings.
- We offer Metal free options like glass ceramic and zirconia ceramic in crown and bridge work.
- We do not use Silver Cones in root canal fillings.